Monday, 22 December 2008

Grape Nut's First Ultrasound

This morning Joel and I went into our local hospital to have an ultrasound done. It sure was fun seeing Grape Nut. Of course all babies look the same at 15 weeks through a sound wave. Grape Nut was kicking and moving around quite a bit. I didn't feel a thing, the little baby is only 4 oz! We saw four chambers of the heart (!) and watching the heart beat was a treat. We had seen Emily's deformed heart beating so many times, I almost forgot what a healthy heart looked like. Well, I'm hoping Grape Nut's is healthy. The ultrasound guy (what is their title?) said 'it looked fine, but that's with low-grade technology.' (Our rural hospital here doesn't have top grade ultrasound equipment) He tried to see the sex of the baby, but it was difficult. Both Joel and I think it's a boy (going by what we saw on the screen) but the ultrasound guy couldn't say for sure.
So that's the report for today. Usually if there is any kind of problem with the ultrasound pictures, the doc will give me a call. I love my doctor, but I really hope I don't hear from her!!

3 comments:

  1. Praise Jesus for a good ultrasound! Healthy heart! Thanks for updating us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the U/S went well - thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! Good news! Glad to hear you excited!

    ReplyDelete