Tuesday, 30 December 2008

Let's Go To Heaven!

A serious discussion:
Joshua: I wish Emily was here. [at our house]
Mommy: So do I, Joshua, but she's in heaven right now.
Joshua: Can we drive there? I would like to drive to heaven.
Mommy: No, sweetie, we can't drive there...(hesitation)...we have to die first, just like Emily.
(Joshua doesn't say anything, so Mommy continues):
If we serve Jesus, then when we die, we will go to heaven.
Joshua: (lighting up) And see Jesus' face?
Mommy: Hmm-mm and see Jesus' face.
Joshua: And see Emily?
Mommy: yes, we will see Emily.

Later, at dinnertime...
Everyone is seated around the dinner table, Joshua prays first:
Joshua: Jesus, thank you for food...thank you we get to go to heaven and see your face.

A little later during dinner...

Joshua: I don't want to die to get to heaven, Daddy. I want to drive there.


(Be sure to check out the kids' updates just under their pictures. I just updated it.)

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely precious! From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise! Psalm 8:2 What a blessing to have the Lord's direct work in the hearts of your children. And what a great testimony to your own faith and example that resonates in the young. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete