Friday, 8 June 2012

The Sun Shines Upon the Storm

I cannot know why suddenly the storm
should rage so fiercely round me in its wrath
But this I know-God watches all my path,
And I can trust


I may not draw aside the unseen veil
That hides the unknown future from my sight
Nor know if for me waits the dark or light;
But I can trust


I have no power to look across the tide,
To see while here the land beyond the river;
But this I know-I will be God's forever;
So I can trust.

-"Streams in the Desert" Devotional p. 196


The God Joel and I serve is amazing. He is truly wonderful. When one of us is down, grieving, broken- He lifts us up. He raises us. He reassures and whispers and comforts. I know I can trust a God who cares about me and the people I love. He did not abandon us during our time with Emily. No, instead He was there every second of it, strong and warm. He whispers to me, "Trust. Trust Me." And I cannot. And yet I can. I can choose to trust. Because His Spirit lives inside me, and He gives me the ability to trust- when I let go. When I let go of my hurt, not letting go of Emily, but letting go of my selfishness, any bitterness and self-pitying thoughts, He enables me to trust Him completely. And then, I am free. Free like Emily.


You Raise Me Up


When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;

When troubles come and my heart burdened be;

Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,

Until you come and sit awhile with me.



You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;

I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;

You raise me up: To more than I can be.



You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;

I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;

You raise me up: To more than I can be.



There is no life - no life without its hunger;

Each restless heart beats so imperfectly;

But when you come and I am filled with wonder, 

Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity.



You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;

I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;

You raise me up: To more than I can be.



You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;

I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;

You raise me up: To more than I can be.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post. I forgot about trusting God. You know I thought about him being faithful but not about me trusting Him. Like maybe losing Eva and Emily wasn't actually a mistake like I think it is. Maybe I CAN trust that He knows the whole picture. Trust? Trust God? Hmmm. I say I give my life to Him. But do I really? Do I really trust that He actually knows what He is doing? I'm going to need to do some thinking about trust. Thanks for the post and the food for thought. I might have to blog about this soon.
    Love, Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post. I forgot about trusting God. You know I thought about him being faithful but not about me trusting Him. Like maybe losing Eva and Emily wasn't actually a mistake like I think it is. Maybe I CAN trust that He knows the whole picture. Trust? Trust God? Hmmm. I say I give my life to Him. But do I really? Do I really trust that He actually knows what He is doing? I'm going to need to do some thinking about trust. Thanks for the post and the food for thought. I might have to blog about this soon.
    Love, Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise Jesus! I look forward to your blog post. :) ~Renee

    ReplyDelete