Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Comfort-Able

I thank God Emily's life is not in vain.

 So many things I have learned from her! And yet her life was just a glimpse.


Emily has taught me that I previously suffered from a thing called "naivety". I do not live in a safe box. My world is not perfect, nor will it become perfect here on this earth. Nor can I hide everything in my heart.


Emily has taught me that it is far better to be vulnerable and open than it is to be silent and strong.


And because I have been more open, I find my heart 

healing. 

Thawing.

Overcoming. 
And comforting,
Not myself, 
but Others.


"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God."
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment