Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Just A Thank You

Joel and I would like to give our readers a humble thank you. Thank you for reading the posts about Emily and thank you to those who have supported us, prayed for us, and loved us. This has been a long journey and yet it feels like it has only begun.


I must admit that holding Emily close in my heart was preventing much needed healing. To myself and to others. I am so thankful that I have had the opportunity to share Emily with my kids, with my dear friends, and with you.


As a result, these past few weeks I have found myself being less irritable and more calm with the kids. My heart has been lighter and I have had more energy. 


I have no regrets being open and honest with Emily and her story. I have felt only relief and peace. Like a great weight suddenly being lifted and gone. 


Our prayer is that Emily's life will encourage and point you to Jesus, just as she has for us.



4 comments:

  1. dear renee,

    i have read all your "remembering emily" posts now. what a long journey this has been for you. i know that God is good. i know that you are holding on to this truth. i know that emily is with Him. and i know that you miss her dearly and i don't know why her little life here had to be so very short and full of man-made interventions that ended up not quite being the right thing to keep her here. i am so glad that you got to hold her - even for just a tiny moment. i am so glad that you have gotten to share her with her siblings and with all of us. i pray that in this sharing there will be continued healing for you and your sweet family. please know that i think of you often and i am praying that today is a good day for you and your kiddos.

    with love,
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have shared your and Emily's story this week. Your honest heartfelt words penetrated deep into my soul. Of course I don't know exactly what you are going through, but I have been able to feel it deeply through what you shared and because your family is dear to me. I'm so glad that through sharing you feel a weight lifted and have found more healing. I have loved coming alongside you in grief, prayer, and hope. Emily helps me cry out with all my heart, "Come Lord Jesus!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Andrea. Yes, Come Lord Jesus, come! ~Renee

    ReplyDelete