Grampa and Nana and Joel worked on building six raised beds during their visit...Aren't they (Nana and Grampa) amazing? They worked so hard, the bugs were bad and they kept having to get more dirt/compost to fill the boxes. Thank You Nana and Grampa and Joel!
The boxes are now planted. Peas, beans, onion, green onion, beets, lettuce, tomato, watermelon, and carrots. And off to the left in this picture outside of the boxes, I planted pumpkin, cucumber, and more watermelon. In one of the boxes the kids planted flowers of their own: sunflowers (Joshua), Petunias and vincas (Rachel), Teddy bear sunflowers and violas (Madelynn).
We also have a large mulch pile from all the raking we did earlier. We're putting it to use and so planted some potatoes.
Here's pictures of some flowering greenery:
Flowering Crab
? looks like what we call out here " bleeding hearts"
ReplyDeleteAwesome, Renee! I hope you really enjoy your garden. I love mine, and all the opportunity for learning it provides myself and the kids. Harvesting and eating your own vegetables is so great! The kids really seem to want to eat the things they've watched grow all summer, too. :)
ReplyDelete