Saturday, 18 June 2011

Family and Friends

In the month of May Renee's folks took Joshua, Rachel, and Madelynn far, far away to their home. Over a ten hour drive away. For a week. No kidding. It was just Joel, Renee and Hudson and boy, was it quiet! The time together was great, not only did Renee get to make breakfast when she wanted to, but both Joel and Renee got about a month's worth of projects done around the house and property.

We are still in amazement at Nina and Papa's generosity for taking the kids. Thank you!!

To pick up our kids after the week "vacation" we drove to Renee's grandparents' house to meet Papa and Nina. On the way we stopped and saw some good friends:



Brenda (Alfie's Mom) was visiting too, so we got to see her also!:



After a lovely visit with our friends we continued our travels. It is so easy to travel with one child. Wow.



We had to make a quick stop here, out of a non-traditional tradition (anyone know where this is? If you can guess correctly, we will clap and cheer for you):



It was such a joy to see the kids again! They hadn't changed one bit, and I (Renee) realized how much I loved and missed them.

Great Grandpa and Great Grandma had not seen Madelynn since she was 6 months old and had not met Hudson yet. This too was a joy to see them hold and play with their great grandchildren:


It was a great visit and a great trip. It is amazing to see family members grow and mature in Christ. My cousin is going on a missions trip to Italy! She has such a heart for God and for people to know Christ. I don't know her very well, but it was so great to hear her talk and catch up with her a little bit.

I wish all my family (blood and non) lived closer, but I remember to cherish each moment that I do have with them and to pray for them when I am not with them.

2 comments:

  1. DeForest, WI!

    We were so glad you could come and spend some time. It's always great to see you. :)

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah for Maria! Yes you are correct!!

    ReplyDelete