Saturday, 5 March 2011

Scattered Thoughts

So we have been living in our "new" house for one week. Things are still scattered and there are plenty of boxes laying around for "getting out of bed" motivation. But slowly things are being put away and organized. The kids told me it's starting to feel like home, but not all the way yet. :)

The move last Saturday went really well. So many people came and helped! I was amazed, and humbled by their sacrifice.

Joshua's birthday is on Tuesday! He turns six years old!! I asked him what he wants to have for his birthday dinner: He gave me a slow grin and said "Pancakes and Green beans!" No problem! That's easy. His "cake" will be a peanut butter cookie (giant) with frosting made to look like a baseball. He's our crazy pb eater so he liked this idea better than a cake.

Rachel, our little four year old princess who shines for Jesus, has completely amazed Joel and I. One morning this last week, I saw her doing a floor puzzle. You know, like a 24 piece jigsaw puzzle. She was doing it by herself. I was mildly surprised that she was even attempting it, much less without any tears or frustration. A little while later, she called for me and showed me her final result: a finished puzzle! Wow! Completely by herself! She was so excited to have done one by herself, that she does several everyday. (we have quite a few puzzles in our house, good problem solving/math activity) And then, the next day, the basement had been organized enough to make a play area for the kids to ride around on their bikes/trikes/push toys. Rachel was sad that Madelynn had taken her little push bike (the kind a small child sits and moves it by pushing with their feet) Rachel started crying. I suggested she try the tricycle. She had only tried it a few times at our old house, but not much success. She tried it while I worked on laundry. I turn around at the sound of happy laughter and I see her riding it back and forth with perfect ease! Yesterday the puzzles, today the tricycle!

Hudson is growing. He is getting fat. He is starting the leg rolls and the wrist rolls. He is seven weeks old today! He looks like Joshua. Sometimes I look at Hudson and feel strange calling him "Hudson" because he looks so much like Joshua did. Hudson is a serious baby. His smiles are next to nil. But he is content and he seems happy though he does not show it on his mouth.

Madelynn is there. Yes most definitely. She has arrived. Where? The Terrorific Twos. She is cute, she is adorable, she has the biggest bluest eyes with the biggest bluest alligator tears. She has the cutest goofiest grin that can change in two seconds to the reddest loudest wail. All because Mommy said, "wait please."

Well, my time is up, it's been great to blog again, but Mommy duties call and thus I must answer. :)

1 comment:

  1. i love reading bits about your family. :)

    isn't it fun to watch your very own kiddos "get" something new???

    i'm thinking of you as you unpack and organize and do all the many things you do each day.

    isaiah 40:11

    hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete