Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Update on Homeschooling

We took about a 7-8 week vacation there from "official" homeschooling.

We are gradually starting more "school" now. In the morning I read aloud stories to Madelynn and Rachel. And then they have blanket time while I read aloud stories to Joshua that are more at his level. This way R and M learn to sit still upon their blankets, playing with some quiet toys yet still listen to the story with no pictures. After this we have been reading science books (fun ones, not textbooks!!)

In the afternoon during the girls' naptimes Joshua does his math and copy work.

Wednesday I hope to take the morning and do some science experiments with them.

Thursday is our first homeschool co-op meeting! I am excited for this.

I think Next week we will start the Letter of the Week and Flag/Country of the Week.
Maybe even some potty training???

1 comment: