I (Renee) just finished reading the best marriage book I've ever read. It's entitled "Created to be his Help Meet" by Debi Pearl. I was a little wary of the book due to the extreme conservative beliefs the Pearls hold. But it came recommended so often and from trusted friends that I finally picked up a copy. Wow! Such a great book, it is so refreshing and so, so very biblical. I highly recommend this book for every Christian wife out there. Even if you have a great marriage, there are great nuggets of wisdom about the kind of man you have married (because you know not all men are the same!!) and how you can meet his needs with a joyful heart. (Order it through the library if you don't want to buy it.)
oh, yes.
ReplyDeletesuch a wonderful book!
(there was one chapter that i didn't like . . . one where i felt like she was saying that men just don't and can't and never will have self-control over what they think about what they see . . . )
otherwise - yes! i have a great marriage - but i know that reading this book 3+ years ago and re-reading bits of it ever since have enhanced our marriage - and my relationship with God.
so glad you read it!
Yes, overall a great book. I also had some problems with some parts of the book, but overall, reading it softened my heart towards my husband so much, and helped me to be a lot more humble.
ReplyDeleteI thought this was such a great book and really helped me transform my view of my husband and marriage. I highly reccomend it to every woman i know who is married.
ReplyDelete