Thursday, 11 March 2010

A Bit of This. A Bit of That.

#1: Joel and I are registered for the MACHE conference (A statewide homeschool conference, with curriculum fairs), so our weekend date planning is underway. So Excited!

#2: Madelynn was weighed and measured recently: 27" long and 14.15 pounds.

#3: Rachel is officially potty trained! Hip hip hurrah!

#4: Is Spring here?? 40-50 degrees during the day and sunny! It's been so beautiful. The kids and I have been going on walks. And they run and run. I am so thankful to Jesus for this beautiful warm weather.

#5: Some of you may have been aware of a rental house we were looking at. We were in the application waiting process. Well, that fell through. So now we are still hopeful and praying to God to show us where to live next. (We have about 6 weeks left in our current rental house).

#6: I've been reading a great book on Homeschooling.
It's entitled: Mary Pride's Complete Guide to Getting Started in Homeschooling. (whew!) It's a thick book, a few inches I think. But, boy, has it been helpful so far. As of right now, I'm working on forming some long-term goals for us as parents: What we want to see in our children when they are adults.
I'm also working on WHY we are homeschooling, besides the Huge Fact that God wants us to.
Just these two steps have been so helpful, and has really put my mind at rest a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment