Sunday, 7 March 2010

So Rich A Crown

 


When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of Glory died
My richest gain I count but loss
And pour contempt on all my pride

See from his head, his hands, his feet
Sorrow and love flow mingled down
Did ever such love and sorrow meet
Or thorns compose so rich a crown

O the wonderful cross, O the wonderful cross
Bids me come and die and find that I may truly live
O the wonderful cross, O the wonderful cross
All who gather here by grace draw near and bless
Your name

Were the whole realm of nature mine
That were an offering far too small
Love so amazing, so divine
Demands my soul, my life, my all


The sermon this morning (Sunday) actually stuck with me (Renee) today. It was about the cross of Jesus. It was about Pilate (the governor of Jerusalem at that time). And somewhere in the middle of the 20-30 minutes of the sermon, the Holy Spirit pointed out to me that I was kind of like Pilate. I've come face to face with Jesus, but do not make Him the center, the focal point of my life.

I have other things, people, activities, thoughts in my life that suck my time and my love. Yes, Jesus is one of those people, but that's it. He is one of those, rather than The One Person that Is my life. And through That One Person, all else falls into it's proper place and proper importance.

I want to want to (that's not a typo) gaze upon Jesus, and not stop looking or turn my face away-ashamed or disgusted. So this blog post is a little different. Instead of starting out with a whimsical opening or a cute picture- I'm starting out with Jesus. And I'm going to end this post with Jesus. I'm going to end it with not just a picture of a Cross "on a hill far away", but right at the foot. Because that's where we all need to be and need to stay.

Enjoy the "cute" photos of our kids, but remember Jesus. Remember that He is the only way to God, the Creator of this world.


Joshua making "dirt angels"











1 comment:

  1. Oh Renee, so glad to hear that! It is so easy to say that Jesus is Lord, but to live with Jesus as Lord is something we have to do daily with each thought, decision, word, action...it is so difficult for me sometimes...a lot of times

    ReplyDelete