A tea recipe given to me by a friend. It's very refreshing and I drink it once a day now, either hot or as iced tea.
Equal amounts of:
Fennel- helps with milk supply
Camomile- calms
Catnip- calms
Nettle- nourishing, good iron source
Lavender- calms
Lemon balm- balances hormones
blend together in airtight jar or container. Store in a dry, dark, cool place.
1 tablespoon of tea per cup of boiling water. Steep 10 minutes.
For iced tea, steep until desired darkness. Add a little bit of sugar (I add 2 Tb per 32 oz/4 cups) and lemon juice (1 Tb per 32 oz/4 cups). Refrigerate. So refreshing!
These ingredients can be found at a whole foods co-op or health store.
mmm - sounds good :) I may have to try it. Did you know catnip helps with afterpains? I used catnip postpartum the second time around, since I had afterpains postpartum the first time, and the pain was very mild! I didn't need to take any medication to deal with the discomfort.
ReplyDelete