Friday, 7 August 2009

Hmm, What should I title this Post?


The last two weeks have been quite full, if you have already guessed by the lack of blog posts.

Joel went on a missions trip two weeks ago to a Baptist church in Duluth. This church is more than 120 years old and needed some work done. I think Joel is going to blog about it so I won't steal any of the surprises.

Let's see, what else? I've been terrible with the camera these days so no pictures today. But I can give you a quick update...

Raspberry Picking. The kids did great. Joshua ate some of course, but he contributed probably a cup worth to my bucket to save for later eating! Rachel ate every single one that she could find, and then wanted some of mine.

Madelynn is growing out and up and all over. She is a cutie and is smiling more. Her smile is more like an open mouth smile, like the letter D on it's side. She weighs 10.5 pounds and is 22 inches long. She is an all around content baby. (whew!)

I'm still waiting for summer to hit here. It's been cold. But now I see the ditches are full of brown and yellow, so maybe summer got skipped and we are now heading into autumn. I might cry here in a few minutes...

Josh and Rachel help with Madelynn, the garden and the dishes. They love to play together, fight together and be silly together. Over all, they are happy, good kids.

Hmm, what else?
Getting together with friends, holding baby chicks, playing outside, going to the park, going on walks, seeing a juggling show on the front lawn of the Library, riding tricycles and bicycles, hiking, books at the Library, running errands with three kids (!), planning for upcoming events, eating ice cream, VBS, pool parties, birthday parties, finished sewing a quilt, eating watermelon, eating freezie pops (yes they are gluten free), doctor visits (not too many!), Fisherman's Picnic (rides, bratwurst, lots of people and a parade), chatting with neighbors, going through kids clothes (10 grocery bags 2T and under, all gone to the budget shop!!), being a mommy and a daddy and being a family.

Well, that should cover it. I hope to take more pictures these next few weeks. Hope you are enjoying your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment