Friday, 7 August 2009

Aforementioned quilt

Because Renee won't show this off - I will. This is Renee's first attempt at quilting and my Christmas gift to her. Half a year later, having caught a few moments here and there between mothering and giving birth, with the help of the ladies at the quilt shop, and from Nana and Grandma Fern, a machine borrowed from Stephanie; and with a few tears and prayers later... we have this great quilt hanging in our bedroom. I'm proud of her and her perseverance. Joel.



8 comments:

  1. It beautiful and you did an awsome job Renee!! I love loones too!
    Gramma Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Renee this is a beautiful quilt! I wish that i had as much talent as you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee that's awesome! I'm so proud of your craftiness!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Hey, I am learning how to sew too! I have my grandmother's old machine now and just got a lesson the other day! Way to go on the quilt! It looks involved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowza! is that loon pieced? and the grass, and the trees and the water???? that is a LOT of fun, funky piecing! way to go, renee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Blushing*

    Thanks everyone. It was a lot of fun to make (though I could do without mitered corners). This was all from a pattern that Joel bought at the local quilt shop here. Applique, I think is what they call this kind of quilt. Yes Elizabeth, the loon is pieced, it's made up of 8 different pieces. It was a blast though and I hope to do it again someday. :)
    -Renee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Way to go, Renee! I hope all's well with you. We should attempt to get together soon! Let me know if you think it would work out sometime. We will be starting school on Monday, but taking Fridays off this year, so any Friday would probably be good.

    ReplyDelete