Tuesday, 14 July 2009

Summer, Mmmm


Summer has come to the North Shore. July is usually hot and dry. Well, hot for living by a lake. It got up to 80 yesterday. That's hot. We're outside a lot now. Going to the park at the elementary school is one of our favorites right now. There's a great playground next to a good sized basketball court, perfect for riding tricycles. Because, you know, Joshua has a tricycle now. (Thanks Dawn!)

Summer brings all sorts of stuff that winter cannot offer. So I try and enjoy it to the fullest. (Twice now, Joel has commented to me "Winter is coming. Winter is always coming"...)





This past weekend there was a birthday party for Joshua's friend Boston. It was in the evening and I, as usual, was rushing around trying to get everything in order so we could get to this party. Finally most everything was in the van. I told Rachel to pick out a diaper as I hurried around. Two year olds are slow, so I reminded her again. Finally I put the diaper on her and we hurried out the door.

Fast Forward two hours.

We're getting ready to go home. I, as usual, am trying to get everything together in one spot so we don't forget anything. Finally most everything is in the van. Joel comes holding Rachel.

"She's wet." he says.

Confused, I wait for him to confirm this statement. Yes, indeed. She is very wet. Oh well, all part of parenting. I take her diaper off as Joel changes Rachel's dress.

Hmm. This diaper seems different... I look at it closer. I see a number "1" on the front. My jaw drops and I start laughing.

"It's a size 1 Joel! Rachel was wearing one of Madelynn's diapers!"










4 comments:

  1. how funny that you could even get it on her! she is a little bean. :)

    love the kids on the tricycle - what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha - that's amazing you got it on her! I was just thinking in the pictures that it looks like Rachel has grown (and I'm sure she has) but she still must be a little peanut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel has definitely grown. She's over 26 pounds now and is growing taller. But she is still petite as you can guess if she was wearing a Size 1 diaper! I remember vaguely that the diaper seemed a little tight as I put it on her...but I was distracted and thought nothing of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol that's hilarious! Did it bother Rachel? I can totally see myself making that mistake if I have two in diapers.

    ReplyDelete