So the previous post, I asked prayer on a decision whether to induce or not. Joel and I have been wrestling with this for weeks now. So many different pros and cons for each option... We finally made a decision. Though, I have to admit I don't like it very much. I don't think Joel does either.
We decided to induce. Our induction date is set for June 10th Wednesday at 6 a.m.
I am now hoping hoping hoping that Grape Nut will just come naturally sometime before June 10th!
You guys are always in our thoughts and prayers but we will agree with you that Grape Nut will come on her own. Bless you guys in your faith and total trust in God. You and your writtings are a blessing and encouragement to all who read them. I pray for those that just "happen to find" youblog that what they read, God will beable to use to minister and heal.
ReplyDeleteOh we are now back living in AB, crazy eh? Love you
Mom K
Well, I am glad you made a decision, but I can only imagine the agony over making it. I will pray that she comes early too. Is it a day before Emily's anniversary on purpose? Can't wait to see you!
ReplyDeletegrand marais is such a hard place to be health-care-wise . . . you have to make decisions that people who live in bigger cities never even have to think about . . .
ReplyDeletei was induced in duluth with maddie. we had to have her in duluth and my uterus had stopped growing and we didn't have much of a choice. so, it was pitocin, here we come.
even if grape nut doesn't come early, i'll be praying that your body is getting ready for her to come - you know, dialated and effaced and all that. if they have to start you from scratch - that's really hard.
i'm not trying to be gloom and doom - just a voice with a bit of experience? - pitocin was really hard on me. it made my contractions really unpredictable, very erratic. no time to catch my breath. i was asolutely. not. going to have an epidural. ben finally told me i had to. it was the best. thing. that ever happened to me.
i would highly recommend that you have an epidural to go with that pitocin.
and a c-section is much more of a possibility with an induced labor . . .
hopefully you will be well on your way to having her and everything will go very smoothly.
but it is good to have thought through the harder scenarios.
and a long labor, or a c-section, are nothing if it means you have a healthy baby! that's what i'm praying for. that you and baby are healthy and well and resting by the evening of the 10th.
God is good. He has a good plan for you and baby and your whole family.
hugs to you, renee.