This day, this moment of remembrance was brought to me because recently a similar moment happened with Joshua just a few days ago. We were home from the hospital and I was sitting in the living room. I don't remember where the other three kids were but I remember the living room being quiet. Joshua walks by and stops. I look up and he's looking at me. My heart hurts as I see him standing there, so small, so skinny from having lost weight, so helpless. He asks me a question- "Mommy, why did God give me diabetes?" There's pain in his voice and in his face. So much pain that I look away and shake my head. "I don't know Josh," is all I can whisper. He walks away and my heart cries out to God.
I don't know the answer to the question 'why', or even 'how'. But when my heart turns to God I find peace. He comforts me, and He tells me to thank Him. Thank Him in everything. So that is what I am doing. And that is what I can tell Rachel and Joshua. I may not know the answers but I know what we can do.
Happy Thanksgiving to you dear reader.
your children are so precious, that would break my heart if my Joshua and Daniel came up to me and asked me why God made them not be able to eat gluten or if Daniel could ask me why he cannot talk yet. I think if my boys asked why i would answer that he made every person different, and sometimes the things that make us different can seem like something that is sad or not fun or fair, BUT we can use our circumstance to help other people and to love other people. I think that your children are very blessed to have such parents as you two are, and I know that God will use such trails as you have gone through to His Glory.
ReplyDeleteWow, that's rough. I'll be praying for you!
ReplyDelete