Thursday, 5 May 2011

Field Trip to the Fire Station

This time I remembered not only to bring my camera, but to get it out and actually take pictures! The fire chief showed us the trucks, the gear, the axes and fun stuff like that. He let the kids climb into the back seat of one of the trucks. Then he put on his gear:

He wanted the kids to get used to what a fireman looks like so that in case one of the kids were actually stuck in a fire they wouldn't be scared of this weird guy dressed in all these weird clothes. He talked about fire safety and all that jazz. Now I'm pretty motivated to talk to our kids about fires and a meeting place outside in case there's a house fire. It's scary to think about, but necessary I think.

Here's Josh up on the fire truck. Rachel is the next one over to the left sitting down holding her hair back.


1 comment: