Many of you have already met Madelynn. May I explain her name to you?
'Madelynn' means 'woman of Magda'. Mary Magdalene comes to mind when I think of Magda. Mary's life before she met Jesus was very different. She was possessed by seven demons and did not know any kind of joy. When Mary met Jesus, her life was completely transformed and redeemed. She followed Jesus with all her heart.
During labor with Madelynn, I was very depressed. I grieved for Emily and I felt limp and tired. When Madelynn was born, all of that went away. I no longer felt depressed. Like Mary, I just felt grateful. I now had a baby girl to keep and to hold.
'Lynn' is Renee's Mom's middle name.
'Louise' means 'brave warrior' and is also Joel's Mom's middle name.
Update:
Today is Day 6 for Madelynn Louise and she is doing wonderful. She is a good eater and so far, a good sleeper. Joel and I feel grateful for such a good baby. Madelynn's siblings love to hold her and adore her. The thing to do right now is sharing blankies with 'baby'.
Nana and Grampa (Joel's parents) left this morning for Alberta. They were here for 8 days and their help was much appreciated. I did the dishes today for the first time in over a week! The kids miss them though. Joshua said, "I wish they could live here forever!"
Now we all look forward to Shane and JoAnne (Joel's sister) having twins next month! 'Mango' and 'Guava' are due July 22nd but will probably come about three weeks early- the beginning of July.
Congratulations on the newest member of your beautiful family!
ReplyDeletePS - we will be meeting ours hopefully next February :)
just catching up on your blog again. i love all the pictures of madelynn. and i love her name - all the meaning there.
ReplyDeleteoh, little girls are wonderful. i can just imagine rachel taking care of her little sister. and helping to decorate emily's grave. and joshua must be getting so grown up - isaac sure is!
hugs to you all! from all us pattens