Friday, 26 June 2009

The long awaited Warmth of Summer

Summer is finally here with perfect 75 degree (F) weather. The lilacs have bloomed this week (they are a summer flower here), along with the lupins, buttercups, bluebells, hawkweed, apple trees and so many others I don't know the name of yet.

Madelynn has grown another chin (this is her third). I had to use the booger sucker (bulb syringe) on her last night for the first time. :( Babies don't like them very much. This past week we've also started cloth diapers. They are so tiny! But they look alot more comfortable than disposable diapers.

The other two kids have been enjoying the sunshine, the pool, their new water squirters (as opposed to water guns), and their shorts with no long johns underneath.

We are hoping to go strawberry picking sometime after the Fourth. No jam this year, we're just going to freeze them whole and use them next winter.

Tonight Daddy and Joshua are going camping and then going fishing tomorrow. This will be Joshua's first fishing trip. We bought him his own fishing pole this week and he is SO excited to use it. They will be going with John and his son Boston, who is Joshua's good friend. Pictures to come!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Renee!
    I'm thinking of you and enjoying the warm weather right along with you! Yes, I was thinking of bloging about lilacs today, too! I didn't think anyone would believe me if I said they just bloomed 2 days ago! :) Hi to all the family too!

    ReplyDelete