About once a week I receive something in the mail or a phone call concerning Emily. I'm not talking about the many, many encouraging stories about how Emily has touched their life. I love to hear those. This particular post is about how cold hearted 'routine' and computers can be.
So it's been about three months since Emily went to heaven. Every week someone calls me about her insurance info, her name info, her SSN, etc.
One of the worst ones was from our insurance stating that Emily will no longer be receiving coverage because of her passing on June 11, 2008. A whole 42 cents for that?!! Thank you for informing me that she is dead.
Yesterday was the worst I think. My insurance sent a survey to Emily ___. Yes, it was addressed to her! They were wondering if their service to her was satisfactory. I guess that hit the top. How many times do I have to inform my insurance that Emily is dead, she's not here, she's in heaven!!So it's been about three months since Emily went to heaven. Every week someone calls me about her insurance info, her name info, her SSN, etc.
One of the worst ones was from our insurance stating that Emily will no longer be receiving coverage because of her passing on June 11, 2008. A whole 42 cents for that?!! Thank you for informing me that she is dead.
This might be the Age of Communication, but I think there are quite a few 'kinks' to work out.
Ok end of rant, I don't usually do this.... -(Renee)
How ridiculous.
ReplyDeleteThis is why I hate doing cold mailings for my job. They buy "new mover" address lists and send out information to the people on the list monthly. Along with all the irate "how did I get on your list?!" calls, every few months I'll get one from somebody's child/grandchild/parent saying this person has passed away and never lived at this address to begin with, so stop sending stuff for them. There are definitely some kinks in this Age of Communication.
end my own rant ...
Dear Joel and Renee,
ReplyDeletePerhaps you could try this:
"Dear Sirs, This is to inform you that Emily Pike no longer resides at this address. Future correspondence should be directed to her current address:
Emily Pike
1 Jesus is the Way
Celestial City, Heaven, 77777.
You can find her name in The Book, but her number is not listed.
Thank you for your attention to these details."
Emily lives on in the Presence of His Glory and your love for her lives on in your hearts. Please don't let the foolishness rampant in this world diminish your joy and hope for the next. Look at it this way, even when they make mistakes the wordlings prove that "death is not the end."
We love you all!
Pastor Dale
Sending a big hug your way!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry for you having to experience this.
Thank you for this gentle reminder to me (not intended that way, but a reminder all the same) to keep your family in prayer.
Much love,
The Chung's
Thanks, Renee, for sharing this painful part of your life. It makes me weep for you again. I wouldn't have realized such things happen. It seems so cruel. Yet our Savior said that His yoke is easy; His burden is light. That means He's pulling you through those burdens, and making you stronger because of them - even when you don't necessarily FEEL any stronger. Even with the INattention of automated communications, we are still grateful for the technology that allows us to keep updated with you and getting such great photos of you and your family.
ReplyDeleteWe thank the Lord for you.
Love,
Dad P.