Monday, 29 September 2008

Our Phone works!! Whoo-hoo!

Joel is back from the Desiring God Conference in Minneapolis. He spent three nights there with a few of his friends. But, golly, the kids and I sure missed him. He had a great time though, and learned lots of good things about God and words and the tongue.

Have you ever had rose hip Jam? I (Renee) made it for the first time today. It smells so good when you crush the rose hips. Tomorrow we'll see how it is on toast. Let me know if you want the recipe.

So yes, I figure you have noticed that our phone works now. It's weird not having a phone, yet strangely peaceful...Joel just reminded me of something of great importance: Joel and I prayed for the phone to work. After we prayed, Joel spent about 10-15 minutes messing around with the phone box outside. He comes inside and what do you know...There's a dial tone!!! So he calls his buddy Josh (Big Josh) and it went through just fine. Praise God! (and I mean that, it's not a cliche) I will try and be more grateful for the small things that God has given us, like a phone that works. And well, a phone that
doesn't work too, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment