thoughts from Renee
‘I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.” (3 John) This is my hope and dream for all of my children. Emily Grace is with Jesus, she is walking in the truth and with the Truth. I do not yet have the joy. Maybe it’s there underneath all the sadness, emptiness and feelings of being lost. But I know I will have joy again. And I know I will worship Jesus alongside Emily. Someday.
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
A time to be born and a time to die,
A time to plant and a time to uproot,
A time to kill and a time to heal,
A time to weep and a time to laugh,
A time to mourn and a time to dance,
A time to embrace and a time to refrain,
A time to search and a time to give up,
A time to be silent and a time to speak…
Let yourself grieve Emily and all the things you will not do with her here - but also plan ahead to the things you will do with her one day when you join her with Jesus. I cannot claim to feel your pain but I do know that it is healing to allow grief its course. God will bring joy back to your life - He is a compassionate and loving father who understands your pain but sees ahead to your joy.
ReplyDeletePraying God's loving arms are around you each day and through each night.
Karen
Thanks, Renee, for your honesty about feelings, yet hope in the Lord. The Preacher in Ecclesiastes wisely says nothing about the length of time required to work through any of the 8 listed contrasts or paradoxes. People have different response times, and I don't think it reflects on an individual's faith or lack of it. Faith can be severely tested, and emotions are just not going to be upbeat during those trials - yet in the end, however long it may take - as James 1:2-4 says,"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything". Perseverence implies a length of time. Nothing of value in this world (or Eternity for that matter)happens overnight.
ReplyDeleteThe next verse is my favorite to lean on. Thank God, He doesn't find fault when we run to Him confessing our lack of wisdom. His strength is made perfect in our weakness. II Corinthians 12:9 - and yes, His grace is sufficient.
Love,
Dad in Nanton
"...he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young (Is 40:11)."
ReplyDeleteLet him gently lead you while you mourn. Stay honest with Him. Stay hopeful.
Love,
The Harveys
Well put, Renee! Here is a verse I felt I should share with you... Romans 12:12&15
ReplyDelete"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer...
Rejoice with those who rejoice and mourn with those who mourn."
I can only imagine how hard finding joy is... however, you can always be joyful in hope. And patient during this time, and ALWAYS faithful in prayer... which I KNOW you are already doing... and we are definately sharing in your grief, mourning along with you in prayer.
You are such an encouragement to us all!
Dave and stevie Ciske
There is no guilt for feeling this pain and emptiness. Even Christ himself wept at the death of his friend. In my own experience of grief and sadness, I have learned to pray Psalm 88--and trust that God is big enough to let me be angry and sad. The Bible gives us permission to share our sadness, not suppress it.
ReplyDeleteKnow that joy will come again, but a long slow journey awaits.