Thank-you Jesus for that little voice!
Emily arrived at 1:27 today, June 2. She was taken immediately to a NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) next door to the delivery room. We could hear her screaming through the thick door. After a few minutes I (Joel) was allowed to see her. They placed a breathing tube down her throat. She doesn't always remember to breathe they told me. Into her bellybutton went a tube that goes right into her heart for medications and taking blood. Just before she got trollyed over to the Children's Hospital Renee got to see her for a moment. I went with her through the tunnel. Eventually she was placed in the Pediatric ICU. The x-rays and fetal ECHO (ultrasound) showed that her heart is still abnormal. She will stay on the breathing machine and medication to keep the bypass that still allows blood to get to the lungs open, for a few days. Then they will take her off the medication and see what happens. If she can't push blood through the proper avenues they will surgically place a shunt in her heart. Renee was eventually wheeled over to Children's (a ten-minute trip). She was pretty weak so we came back to Abbott and placed in a recovery room. I think Renee will heal very well. But she is feeling kinda lost and lonely being separated from this girl she's spent the last nine months with. Emily is so wired up we can't even hold her yet. But hopefully we'll have a lifetime to connect with our daughter. Thank you for praying us through labor and delivery. We'll keep you all posted. Grace, Joel
P.S. Renee reminded me of some important things to share! Emily Grace was 19 1/2 inches long (just like Joshua and Rachel). She weighs 5 lbs 15 oz. She's got dark fuzzy hair - a little more than the other two did. And despite all the tubes and wires and stickers, she's adorable - looks very much like Rachel did as a newborn. Even the rest of her body and the way she lies is just like the other two. Back to Renee - bye.
I can barely see through all the tears! And all the emotions! Praise You Jesus!!! Never has a baby's cry sounded more precious!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Joel & Renee, thank you for showing us your hearts filled with love for God - enough love to allow Him to remain in control through all of this.
Love you guys, can't wait to meet little Emily Grace.
Oh I'm just overcome with gratitude to Jesus!
Praying for a swift recovery Renee, you did good!
Congratulations you guys!! What an answer to prayer - God is so good!
ReplyDeleteTake care!
Rena Bruins
(my mom, Bonita, told me about your site :)
Thank you Jesus for your amazing love. We are all celebrating in Wisconsin: Granpa Jack, Grandma Jean, Aunt Terry, Charlie, Erin, Nick, Alex and Emmamae. We are cheering and dancing!!
ReplyDeleteRest up Renee and Joel, may God wrap you in His arms.
We will continue to pray for Emily, for her strength and recovery. Also that the doctors will make the best decisions for her treatment.
We were so happy to see you at Ryan's wedding, wish we were there to give you all a big hug.
Love always, Your Wisconsin family
Praise God she cried out! Thanks for updating your blog to let us know! Emily Grace is still in my prayers. Love you. Hug to Renee and Joel.
ReplyDeleteThank God! That must have been the most beautiful sound in the world!! We wish a quick recovery to Renee... you are amazing! We are soo happy for all of you and praying for Emily's continued recovery. She is a strong soul. Many hugs and lots of love.l
ReplyDeleteI don't evenknow if Renee will remember us (We were Matt Maxa's youth pastors in Chaska, MN) But I have been following your blog for some time now and I have been praying so hard for Miss Emily! I just could barely sleep last night wanting to know how Emily was doing. I am sitting in my puddle of tears as I praise the Lord for you! I have NOT stopped Praying and will not until Emily is free from her tubes and is in the clear. And I will NOT stop praying for Renee, I can only imagine the feelings she's going through. Hang in there guys, we have a VERY MIGHTY GOD! I am just so happy He answers prayers!
ReplyDeleteDave and Stevie Ciske
Welcome Emily!
ReplyDeleteThank you Jesus!
Love the Sommers
Great Grandpa Henry called us yesterday to let us know of Emily Grace's arrival. As have many, we have been praying for this new little life. God is so good, as has answered prayers for her safe arrival. Now we must continue to pray for her complete healing, whether by medical procedures or miraculous intervention. God Bless Joel, Renee, & family.
ReplyDeleteLove, Jack & Claudia Jalo
Congratulations!! We are thankful that all is well. You have been in our thoughts lots lately and we are often checking your blog. WE wish you the best, and to renee, a speedy recovery. Love from all of us. The 'MacMillans'
ReplyDelete