Friday, 30 May 2008

We've really been here a week already?

A week in this place where we look out the window and know we are definitely a minority. In this place where I get my daily thrills pulling out into traffic on 94. (But seeing Rachel light up when we walk in the door is even better) In this place where for a moment I wasn't sure I had the right country's currency for the drive-thru (we must be feeling a little out of place!). Yet there are commonalities here too - we are among many families with medical issues who are housed in this hotel. We even rode the hospital elevator the other day with a relative of a relative of the S______ in __________!
Anyways, we had a good day. Emily started off her monitoring with a round of hiccups and generally performed well for the nurse. Still looking forward to Monday's inducement with a little anxiety. Renee and I spent some time at an art museum on the U campus. Had short but quality time with the kids and helped get the programs ready for the wedding tomorrow. Got Joshua dressed up in his suspenders and bow tie, black pants and shoes and white shirt - dashing. We are excited for Ryan and Emily. God has definitely placed them together and they balance each other well.
Pray for us that we make it safely through the wedding!
Grace, Joel

2 comments:

  1. Hello! You don't know me, but I found your blog. I want to wish you the very best this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been thinking of you all often and are glad that you are all togther again. Enjoy the wedding!! We will be praying for you on Monday.
    Love Raymond, Natasha, Willow and Olive

    ReplyDelete