Saturday, 24 May 2008

Maybe not today...

Well, our doctor decided to not rush things along, by inducing Renee. Emily's better off inside at least until June 2nd. But they don't want us to go home - its too far away. So we are being moved to the Sheraton down the street and will come over to the hospital once a day to check on Emily. God seems to have a lot of tricks up his sleeve! So we're off to the hotel to take a nice long afternoon nap. Thanks for your prayers, Joel and Renee.

9 comments:

  1. Hi guys! What an eventful night! Ambulance ride, helicopter ride, any other rides you'd like to take? ;) Will be praying for you guys during this week. Enjoy this time together. Lots of love,
    The Chung's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Emily is still inside Renee! We have been praying and thinking of you all often! We miss and love you!
    The Sommers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I am praying for you all. I'm praying for a peace in your hearts and minds for Emily and also for Joshua and Rachel. Joel and Renee our Lord is with you.
    Isaiah 41:9b-10 For I have chosen you and will not throw you away. Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.
    Thanks for the continued update...Love ya, Deb Maxa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a journey!! The five of you are never far from our thoughts and prayers and will take center stage this week. Thanks for the updates.
    Love the Whites

    ReplyDelete
  5. We wait and hope. Much love and prayers from everyone at North Shore hospital.
    Dr. Jenny and the nurses

    ReplyDelete
  6. This morning we all will be praying for you all. Last night I felt impressed to ask God for exactly what I wanted in regard to you and Emily. I prayed like this:
    Father, you know that my wisdom is too inadequate and my vision too limited to know what is best for Emily, the Pike family, and all the people whom you intend to impact during the journey you have sent them on. But since you seem to be impressing me to ask then, without anxiety and with thanksgiving, according to your word, I make my request known to you. Lord, heal Emily's heart, grow her lungs, amaze her doctors, thrill her parents, bless her siblings, and prepare for yourself a vessle of honor who will in her lifetime lead many to know you as Savior and Lord.
    Encourage those who are watching to move out in faith in their own lives as a result of what you do for Emily. Compel some who are "sitting on the bench" of faith to get in the game. Compel others who are "sitting on the fence" about faith to take their stand in Christ as you, Lord Jesus, take your stand in the lives of the Pike family.
    That you love Joel and Renee and Emily is without question. That you have committed yourself in word and in action to the good of glorifying yourself in them, we are certain. But Lord, if it suits your plan and brings you glory, heal Emily's heart and lungs, and though you can glorify yourself in the life or death of your children, Lord, let there be life.
    That is my heart. Do with it as you please, O Lord, for you do all things well. Give Joel and Renee God's own strength in spirit, mind, and body and make your Name great in them for the glory of Jesus and the joy of your children. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hay Guys!
    We too are praying for you. We had the joy of paying with Josh & Rachel this morning at church and at "Evlyn's house". They are doing well. I've talked with Julie V. and she and I conclude there is a peace in this situation. We are content to know God is in control and you are all in His powerful, gentle, loving hands.
    Much Love,
    Mary Hay from all of us

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waiting is so difficult. But that's what the Lord wants us to learn to do.
    Psalm 27 - the whole Psalm is wonderful affirmation of the strength and refuge we find in the Lord. But the last two verses, 13 & 14 are most appropriate:

    "I am still confident of this:
    I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
    Wait for the LORD;
    be strong and take heart
    and wait for the LORD."

    God bless - again & again!

    Dad P.

    ReplyDelete
  9. from Yuma, AZ we watch and wait, holding you all, each one, before the throne of our Father for his will to be done. Life is so precious in Jesus and we ask for grace and mercy for all your needs and goings on. We love you, Dave and Ginny

    ReplyDelete