Thanks to friends and family who check in with us each week and who continue to lift up Junebug to the One who will be exalted. We did not make the trip to Duluth this week. The lady who was planning on watching our kids called this morning to say her little girl has the flu. Josh and Rachel are still fighting lingering flu symptoms and I (Joel) went through the worst of it yesterday. So Renee thought she might go by herself. But now it seems it is her turn for a round of influenza B. So with heavy wet snow falling, slushy roads, and increasing tiredness, she remained at home. I think this was the Lord's will for us today.
Hope everyone had a good Easter. I was very minimally impacted by the days of reflection and celebration until the two baptisms at the end of the Sunday morning service. As the two men were each raised from the water I was once again floored by the grace of our good God who makes new creations out of wretches. And I am one of them. I walked up to the stage with tears in my eyes and fumbled to get my bass guitar on to join the worship team for the last song. Grace is good when you can't ignore it. When it come with the knowledge of the holiness of God that says we we deserve hell. When it is received through repentance. Thankyou Jesus.
Hi you guys! We started one of these things now too. Come visit :)
ReplyDeleteRenee - hope you are feeling better.
Hi guys! Thank you for these updates! I check every week to see how you guys are doing. I enjoy hearing how God is working in your lives. He is great isn't He? Our hearts are filled with love for the God who has given us the ability to love.
ReplyDeleteWe will keep praying for June Bug.
I hope your family stays healthy now!
The Chung's