Joel and I took our first monitoring trip to St. Mary's on Tuesday. We had to get a babysitter for a good portion of the day, pack a bag in case we were going to Minneapolis, pack a lunch, and drive a total of four hours. Doesn't God realize that it would be so much easier if He just healed June Bug? Wouldn't the doctors be so amazed at seeing a changed heart? Then Joel and I could tell them about a God who heals and who does miracles. We wouldn't be a burden to our friends. Joel wouldn't be a burden to his boss and we would even save the environment by not driving an extra four hours a week. See how much easier it would be?
Or maybe He knows what He's doing. Certainly it's not because of lack of faith on our part that He has not healed June Bug, or maybe it is. Maybe God knows the valuable lessons Joel and I need to learn, like trust. Maybe God is glorifying Himself in ways that I can't imagine, or think of or understand. Maybe it's getting us and other people to pray more, to be that insistent, persistent, consistent widow. (now I'm sounding like our pastor) Maybe it's giving opportunities for the Body of Christ to serve. Maybe God is showing Himself to Joel's boss in all of this.
Maybe easier isn't better. Maybe all of the inconvenience that I see, is absolutely nothing compared to what God sees.
No comments:
Post a Comment