I (Renee) found an old journal of mine from about eleven years ago. At that time I was single, living at home, and saving up money to be involved with YWAM.
I had to chuckle when I came across a couple of lists in this journal. I remember writing the lists and thinking how determined I was to accomplish every single one. I guess it goes to me, that God's ways are higher than mine. And I am so grateful.
So I thought it would be fun to share them with you so we can laugh at them together.
The first list is Ten Things I Want to do Before I Die
1. Skydiving
2. Hair past my waist
3. To travel the world in a bus and preach the Good News
4. Climb a mountain
5. Sail the seven seas and be shipwrecked at least once
6. Do a triathlon
7. Fly a helicopter
8. Scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef in Australia
9. Fluent in Spanish
10. Complete a Bible school
I think I've only done about two out of the ten things listed there. And I'm not sure I want to do most of them anymore anyway. Funny how people change. :)
The next list is titled: "Someday I'm Going to do That!" Sometimes I'm not sure what I was thinking... anyway here it is:
Drive a truck with more than six wheels
Go to Alaska
Visit the biggest ball of twine in Minnesota
Take up tambourines and dance with the joyful (Jer. 31:4)
Plant a vineyard
Build a treehouse
Roast a pig with apple in its mouth
Jump a train
Hitchhike
Own a ranch/bison farm
Play bagpipes on top of cliff - Amazing Grace
Become a beekeeper
Own an orchard
Find a moose
Cut a chicken's head off and watch it run around
Roll down a hill in a refrigerator (with a helmet)
Train ministry - play harmonica
Live out First century church
Become a martyr for Christ
Go tour a cheese factory
Go tour a brewery
Ride a horse
Eat locusts and honey
Eat escargot
Well, there you have it ladies and gents. My list of things to do someday. I wonder what my kids would say if we had snails for supper.
So...does anyone have an empty fridge I could borrow?
I like that you had included "with a helmet" to the refrigerator and hill idea. ;)
ReplyDelete