Everywhere I look
I see you
Everyday you come
into my memory
and I miss you.
When I see you,
I see you happy,
joyful,
with pigtails
and a white dress.
You have a new heart
and you are no longer in pain
You are fully alive,
fully awake
You are
with Jesus.
What more could my heart desire?
And yet my heart deceives me
and wants you here
with
me,
And then I realize,
I am grieving,
for myself.
I am grieving for the rest
of us
who yearn
for where you are
Perfect paradise
Eternal bliss
That is the main thing I have discovered since losing Eva is that my grief is selfish. I grieve selfishly in my desire to hold Eva in my arms, and yet, I still would trade all the wisdom I have acquired, all the insight God has given me through her death...I would give it all back to have my Eva in my arms again...right now. Thank God for the hope in Jesus, otherwise I couldn't make it through.
ReplyDeleteOne day we will hold our girls again and it will be so perfect we won't even wonder why...
I was just thinking of Emily the other day. I think of her often. What a great poem!
ReplyDeleteSO beautifully said. We can't wait to meet you and join the party, dear Emily.
ReplyDeleteThe other day we were all sick and Maddie said, "I wish Jesus would come back. I just want to go home. We'll never be sad or sick." God has placed eternity in our hearts and it is what we long for.
ReplyDelete