Madelynn has received two (out of four) of her 2 year molars. She talks in complete sentences and giggles a lot. She does her best in keeping up with her two older siblings. It is amazing how much she is learning and picking up just from listening to Joshua and Rachel.
A common phrase from Madelynn: "I want you Mommy."
Madelynn's favorite books are "Goodnight Moon" and "Caps for Sale".
Our big four year old, Rachel! She is at an in-between age: no longer toddler but not quite child/elementary, which results in frustration at times. (example: M and J are both getting teeth-she's not)
She is completely in love with Hudson and gushes (yes, gushes) over him frequently. Rachel is a care free, tomboy who loves girl-y stuff. She will wrestle while holding onto her pink purse. She will run and play in the mud while wearing a dress and letting her dolly join in the fun.
Rachel likes to draw, color, paint, cut and paste. She enjoys making things for family members and mailing her artwork to friends.
Her favorite books right now are "The Jellybeans and the Great Book Bonanza" and "Madeline".
Joshua is a wonderful older brother, learning to take care of his younger siblings. He too loves Hudson and holds him for me when I need him to. He is getting his first Adult tooth which he is quite excited about. No loose baby teeth yet though.
He likes to climb things as you will see at the end of this post.
His new favorite thing is a calculator. He bought one with his own money and now he carries it everywhere and shows people the numbers he can make. Joshua loves to read, I don't think he has any one favorite book, he likes most everything.
This little guy is six months old now! He smiles, laughs, coos, babbles, plays with his feet, tugs at his ears (teething?), kicks and flaps his arms, rolls from back to stomach.
I wasn't aware of how much a baby can tolerate from older siblings! He tolerates quite a bit and can nap through noises I didn't think were possible. I am grateful.
Hudson weighs 17.75 pounds and I guess he's quite long (tall?) for his age.
No favorite books yet!
Some more fun:
A Brother Video
(Hint: watch Hudson. Josh thinks I'm just taking a picture, but Hudson's facial expressions are great)
A Climbing Video
Starring: Joshua and Rachel
what fun to read the updates about your kiddos.
ReplyDeleteand that little hudson is one cute, happy guy! (at least in that little video!)
have a happy weekend!
love,
elizabeth