Your birthday is coming up, Emily. You will be two years old. I wonder what you would've looked like..? Would you have curly hair like your little sister's? Or maybe straight? You would be walking now, probably driving me crazy with your tantrums and delighting my heart with your smiles.
I'm sure you know about your little sister, Madelynn. She is such a dear, sweet soul. I wish you could meet her. She doesn't look anything like you Emily, I know you will understand.
Your older sister is almost 3.5 years old! I can hardly believe it. She too, is sweet and caring. Though trying at times, Rachel loves hugs and I know if you were here, you would be the recipient of many.
And your brother? Oh, Joshua is great too. He is in Kindergarten now, being taught at home. He loves stories and cars and trucks and other "boy" things. He talks about you though. He remembers you. And, I think, he misses you. I think he will always have a spot in his heart for you, Emily, his second sister.
I haven't missed you as much this past year, Emily. The pain has softened and the memories have faded some. Time, yes, has brought healing, but more through prayer and friendship. It is truly amazing how God and His people can reach out and, sacrificially, bring healing to a wounded heart.
Yes, there will always be a scar, Emily. But please don't feel badly, for God in His holiness knew what was the best for both of us. He made you, created you and brought you home. Your Real Home. Where there is Light and no darkness. Where there is Fulfillment and Joy, no more waiting and no more tears. I am so proud of you, Emily. You are shining now. You are one of His- clean, bright and beautiful, just like the Juneberry blossom.
Always with love,
your Mother,
Renee
As always, Renee - thanks for sharing your heart with others. Though you could keep them just between you and Emily, we are all blessed by your thoughts.
ReplyDeleteoh renee,
ReplyDeletereal home.
light
no darkness.
all goodness.
so amazing to think that we will join your little lady and our great God one day!
hugs to you, friend.
love ~e