Saturday, 14 March 2009

A Stay At Home Mother's Ramblings

I (Renee) saw a robin yesterday in our front yard. My first robin this year! Today it is sunny and 50 F degrees out. I believe a nice walk with my family is in order as soon as everyone wakes up from their naps.

Joshua is a big four year old now and it seems this is giving him more confidence to do things himself more often. He is becoming less clingy and more independent. I love this!

Rachel is sick this week. Though both of them have colds, it seems that Rachel suffers more. She has a cough and runny nose. (Joshua is only a little stuffed up.) This is the second time in a month where it has been like this: Joshua and Rachel get sick at the same time but Rachel's always worse. Mama's thinking is that since Rachel is still recovering from her previous gluten filled diet, her immune system is still not as strong as it should be.

Joel still has work five days a week. A blessing and a miracle. I am grateful at the end of every week when Joel totals up his hours and it reflects a full time job.

Me? Well, I feel more pregnant these days. More tired and harder to get off of the couch. The kids help me up. :) The kids are also getting more excited for this baby, Grape Nut. Rachel loves babies, but still loves 'being the baby'. ("I baby" whenever I hold her like one.) Joshua looks forward to when he can feel Grape Nut kick.

That's all on my mind right now! Happy Spring!

4 comments:

  1. And I saw my first GOPHER today - our Alberta sign of Spring! We went up on the skyline trail in the foot deep snow, built a fire for a weiner roast and cut firewood with some friends. Wish you could be here! You are a good mother, Renee. I know it is trying at times, but the Lord is giving you the grace to see the bright side. You have adorable children, and you will enjoy them more and more as they grow older.

    Dad P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anya still likes to pretend to be the baby - she "takes turns" crawling into Isaac's bouncy chair and "sleeps" or asks me to swaddle her and rock her to sleep :)

    I hope Rachel gets better soon! But am glad to hear the pregnancy is going good. Are you going to share baby's name before she's born? Or will that be a surprise?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are still deciding on a name. We won't name Grapenut until she's born, just in case she's a boy!! and we want to meet her first. :)

    ReplyDelete