Tuesday, 24 March 2009

A Weekend Off

Joel and Renee took a much needed break and drove down to Stephens Point and Wisconsin Rapids, WI this past weekend. We drove down Friday and attended a concert in WR, Andrew Peterson with Ben Shive accompanying on piano. If you've never listened to Andrew Peterson, I suggest checking him out (andrewpeterson.com). His talent on guitar is quite decent, but the lyrics are what really sells Joel and I. Every song points to the Gospel in a fresh way, the lyrics are honest and they make you think.

After the concert, we headed back up to Stephens Point at a bed and breakfast: A Victorian Swan on Water.


I know I know, what? I've always dreamed of living in a Victorian house with a tower.


Well, how about just staying two nights in a tower? The room was beautiful, inexpensive, and of course a dream come true.


So Saturday was relaxing with a walk around historic downtown, shopping, enjoying the silence (!), and talking to each other without being interrupted. And we even caught the sunset.



Sunday we hurried back home (it was a seven hour drive), but still enjoyed our time together.

A big Thank you to Bill and Evelyn who watched the kids for three days!


Below is a picture for our dear friends, Alfie and Maria. Specifically Maria...


2 comments:

  1. Nice sign picture :)

    I'm so glad you had a good weekend! The Victorian Swan looks like a neat place.

    ~Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! Have we ever talked about our mutual admiration of Andrew Peterson? I was really into his music during my "music years" which were college and my single days, although I still really like him now too, just dont know his new stuff. I went to a concert back then also and really admired that he travels and does everything as a free will offering and with his family. Makes me want to pull up his albums. Maybe I will after the kiddos wake up. I agree, his lyrics are definitely beautiful and allows the listener to really empathize with them. I remember really connecting with the lyrics back then. Did he pull out the armadillo instrument(can't remember what it is called)

    ReplyDelete