Last week we had a lot of "firsts" for our family...Rachel went 'poo-poo' on the potty, Joshua learned how to put on his own toque, Joel laid linoleum at work, Renee hit a deer...
Yes it was sad, yes I cried (a little), and yes everyone is ok, even the car. On Saturday we were traveling, Joel and the kids were asleep and I was driving. The deer ran up from the left side of the road, and by the time I saw the deer it was only about 8-10 feet from the car. Not thinking of swerving, I started applying the brakes but obviously it was too late, Joel woke up at the loud noise and I pulled over. The deer was still alive, laying on the shoulder of the road behind us. Some guy who had just hit a deer 15 miles back pulled up behind us. He had a knife and was able to show "mercy" to the suffering deer. The car...Our wonderful, hardcore Neon? Is just fine. Well, if you count a shattered headlight and a bent hood just fine. I do: The car was still running after I hit the deer. So we're thankful for doing our taxes early to cover the expense!
Oh so glad to hear you are all ok! Now no more of this excitement, you hear?!
ReplyDeleteHi...Praise the Lord that his Angles were fast enough to keep you all safe. You just wanted to make sure they were awake and doing their job, right? Anyways so glad for all your firsts and everyone is ok and doing well.
ReplyDeleteMom K
So sorry that you have added expenses now. You must have had other things in mind for the income tax return. I remember feeling bad about hitting a fawn in Washington State. With the huge number of deer in your area, I guess it can be expected. And wouldn't it be so much better if it could be in the freezer?
ReplyDeleteWell, God knows. If even a sparrow doesn't fall to the ground without His permission, it must've been His timing, though we don't always know why.
Dad P.
Like father, like daughter, eh?
ReplyDeleteGlad no one was hurt and that the car was only minimally damaged. Did you keep the deer?
Dad S
so glad none of you were hurt!
ReplyDeletethere are SO MANY deer around you guys - it's crazy. one night i counted 127 between duluth and gm . . . it's amazing that more of them don't get hit . . .
Thanks for all the concern!
ReplyDeleteNo we didn't get to keep the deer, against DNR regulations... darn... But I heard we can sign up at the cop shop to keep roadkill...free meat!
Glad you are okay!
ReplyDeleteAnd congratulations to Rachel :)
Oh dea(e)r...ha ha. Glad you are all right, and at least you weren't alone. I am remembering Mrs.(or was it Mr.) Cranberry and the roll over right now while you were pregnant with Joshua. Remember that? Yikes! I am assuming Grape Nut is fine too?
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the blog from J's party! We are leaving tonight for MT so I'm not sure if I will be able to wish him happy birthday then, so...Happy birthday Joshua! We wish we could be there! Have fun and blow all 4 candles out really hard!