Yes, I am trying to be thankful. If I separate myself from my life and look at it from a world perspective, my life really isn't that bad. Everyone has a bad day, everyone suffers in one way or another, everyone has a story. It just seems that I've been thrown into a blender and I'm being bombarded with chunks of banana and frozen strawberries, not to mention trying to stay afloat in this yogurty mess.
Here's a few things I can be thankful for...
I'm sure you've (or you will soon if you scroll down) seen that our current toothpaste and floss is gluten free. I'm very thankful for this. Imagine spending $6 a tube every month and a half? No way. And yes, we have to be that picky. Gluten free means gluten free.
I'm thankful for the pasta sauce that we usually buy- no gluten!
I'm thankful that this gluten free diet (which we will all be on, probably) is a healthy one and a natural one. It's going to force me to make my own bread, and make things from scratch. (And I mean scratch!!)
I'm also thankful that my ultrasound results of Grape Nut officially arrived in the mail today. All clear. Everything looks good according to the doc. (yes, Amen!)
I am ever so thankful for the handful of people (well maybe two handfuls) who have offered their resources, their advice and their recipes. Wow! What a blessing. (I don't type that flippantly).
Lots of other things to be thankful for, but those are the major ones right now. (yes pasta sauce is major!)
We love you Renee!
ReplyDeleteAt least the yogurty mess is gluten free :)
Dad
Hi Renee! Been praying for you quite a bit today! Can't imagine trying to sort it all out, but you are amazing and will do fine! Give yourself the time you need to get it figured out (even if that means pasta sauce for 5 meals straight!). It is quite an adjustment for you all! Wish I was closer, I'd take the kids for a day so you'd have time to rest and figure out labels!
ReplyDeleteWe'll keep praying for you!
That would be hard trying to make those adjustments in your diet - I'll be praying for an easy transition! You have a really good attitude about the situation though :)
ReplyDelete