Tuesday, 22 April 2008

6wkstogo

In just under six weeks we hope to give birth to Emily Grace in Minneapolis! Our doctor in Duluth today says it looks hopeful that we'll make it that far.
Thankyou for praying and supporting us. This week I (Joel) was surprised several times to hear of people we hardly know praying for us, or supporting us in other ways. And I was encouraged as the Lord affirmed his choice of the name Emily Grace as numerous people told us how it seemed so right. An excerpt from one email:
I was very pleased to meet, in spirit, Emily Grace.
I just started crying when I read her name and I know
that God named her. She is a very special and precious
little girl and she is going to speak volumes by just
her presence to the people that will be surrounding her
when she decides to make her entrance.
Love and Blessing to you guys...
Renee and I have been thinking about how to celebrate her life, if it is very, very short. And yet we continue to pray for healing. Whatever God does, it will be good. Joel.

1 comment:

  1. I just gotta think that since the Lord has sustained Emily Grace this long, that He must have something wonderful in mind for her and for you guys!

    Isa 55:8,9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts,neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD.
    As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Maybe taken out of context - but preceding 2 verses say, "Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him,and to our God, for he will freely pardon."

    You are seeking the Lord whose ways are higher than any of ours. And you have turned Emily's life as well as your own over to Him. And He will do what is absolutely best. Just think how much agony Emily would be spared if she went quickly to be with Jesus! But I know your grief would be very great nevertheless. And if God spares her and raises her up in this life, whether through an unassisted miracle or by the marvelous God-given skill and wisdom of surgeons,then we can anticipate that her life will be a tremendous witness to her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
    Thanks, Renee and Joel, for your unwavering commitment to Jesus, to each other and to your family. You have been, and always will be, an inspiration to us all.
    We love you. Dad P. (Hey, and what cute kids the other two are! that one of Rachel in a white dress and Joshua all dressed up, is adorable. You are going to enjoy them so much as they grow up.)

    ReplyDelete