What the SOMD has done for Renée is to make ample space for God to speak truth into the areas in which she’s believed lies for many years. Often this process is very painful. It has not been a pleasant time emotionally for us. But the fruit is worth it, in being better prepared for future ministry. In the last few weeks I’ve seen Renée step out with boldness, speaking the word of God into other’s lives. I’ve seen her catch a vision for what her ministry could look like overseas. I’ve seen her heal emotionally. And although I’m not good at letting my face show it, I’ve been repeatedly astonished at the work of the Holy Spirit in her life.
In one way we are moving forward as a family is by looking back. Who has God shaped us to be? What has God planted in us that we can cultivate? Renée has, through the years of dealing with disease and diet restriction in our children, developed a passion for healthy living (she hosted a seminar on that topic last Thursday!) By September Renée will begin pursuing a 4-year degree in naturopathic medicine by correspondence through Trinity School of Natural Health.
For myself, years of interest in missiology, music, recording and a passion for calling out creative worship in others is leading me to the field of ethnodoxology (the theological and anthropological study, and practical application, of how every cultural group might use its unique and diverse artistic expressions appropriately to worship the God of the Bible.) In November I’ll fly to western India for a 20-day Cross-Cultural Worship Ministry Seminar for credit with YWAM’s University of the Nations.
We see these passions, naturopathic medicine and ethnodoxology, as a way for us to be serving among the unreached within 5-10 years. Thank-you for your friendship along this journey!
Upcoming Dates:
June 25: SOMD Graduation
July 9-18: Joel leads a Mission Adventures trip to Pine
Ridge, SD
Sept-Nov: Joel leads Worship Focus in the Fall DTS.
Sept 8: Renée begins course work at TSNH.
Nov 2-20: CCWMS in India
Jan-Mar ‘16: Renée & Joel teach ECCO Bible ClassFinances:
Renée: 1st year
tuition & books, Certified Health Specialist: $893.39
Joel: CCWMS fees and flights:
≈$1500
We will need your help with these
expenses as we are about 10% or $300/month short of being fully supported. Thank-you!



No comments:
Post a Comment