Today symbolizes her life lived here on earth, her near nine months in utero and her nine days outside of it.
Today we remember the Breath that was breathed into her from an Almighty Creator who loves her more than I.
Today we celebrate the very simple but mind boggling fact that Emily is an immortal soul, a person created in the image of our God, a unique creation, beautiful and perfect.
Today we remember her birth, the miracle that no expert can explain, the moment when the labor of love is complete and we wait for that first cry, the cry for comfort and life.
Today is the day of Emily's birth. She may not receive any birthday cards in the mail or presents on her plate, but we will celebrate in other ways: Today we will remember, create, plant, enjoy, and sorrow. But always with hope. For we celebrate Emily with her, with Jesus.
Apart from her but yet with her.
"For when I am weak, then I am strong." 1 Cor. 12:10
Happy birthday little girl.
ReplyDelete