Update February 20th, 2014:
Joshua has glasses! No longer rubbing his eyes, or excessive blinking, and probably no more headaches; we are all relieved for Joshua! He likes them and he looks really good in them. Just see the picture after this post!
This week Joel helped out with a Kids Against Hunger packing event on Wednesday just south of here at an elementary school. Over $5,000 worth of food was packed for kids in Haiti.
Our Tuesday local outreach to the kids club of an asian minority group is going well. Joel taught one boy how to make a parachute cord bracelet. Joel also brought pictures of Emily our daughter to show to the group of boys. It really impacted them, at how special it was to see pictures of our deceased daughter. Keep praying for these kids!
Joel is still plugging away at his "Punch list" (the master list of things to be fixed or improved around the base).
I (Renee) enjoy helping Kristy out in the Accounting Office once a week. It's a nice change from being at home doing school with the kids. I enjoy organizing and filing and getting bills ready to be paid.
Last weekend, Joel spoke at Lincoln Community Church in Duluth. I was supposed to take a picture of him preaching, but I was so caught up in his sermon/teaching that I completely forgot! So you just have to imagine him up on stage holding a microphone. His encouragement to us all to be missionaries wherever we are and whatever we are doing was a blessing to hear.
We also had a great time with the people there. A few homeschool moms even gave me a couple suggestions in curriculum choices which has been most helpful. And last but not least: great shout out to our host R___ for being such a great hostess. Your hospitality was superb!
No comments:
Post a Comment