Tuesday, 14 January 2014

January 14th Update

So this is it, the last stretch. Only four days left. I still can't believe we're leaving.

Emotions (mine and others), things breaking around the house, a touch of the flu, more packing, more cleaning...wondering what the future holds...

But I must choose not to focus on the things that are going wrong or are exceptionally hard. No, I must keep my focus on Jesus and not how tired I am.

I must choose between packing yet another box, or playing Dutch Blitz with my kids.

I must choose to remember, always remember how good and helpful and gracious people around us have been: in the last month, but also in the last nine years.

Remembering to pray for the people around me, to pray for friends whose wife got run over by a motorcycle and purse stolen in a muslim country (she's mostly ok), to pray for the people we will be sharing Jesus with...

I am excited to be involved in YWAM, but it is hard to leave here: a small community of people we recognize walking down the street or in the grocery store. A place where we have invested our lives in others and others have invested in us. We will miss this place. Yes the lake is nice and it's a cute town and the air is clean and the trees are great, but it will be the people we will miss most.

No comments:

Post a Comment