Lying in bed not wanting to get up.
Sun shining like it did five years ago.
Roll out of bed.
Push through the day.
Four bright faces.
Force a smile, mom.
Beautiful, warm day.
Canada geese honking, flying to the NE.
Tears.
Check email.
Smile.
Friends remember.
I've got a head cold, nose is drippy all day.
A picnic lunch on the deck.
Eat with the kids, let them know they are loved.
Cuddle with eldest daughter.
A little friend comes over to play.
More tears.
Light a candle.
Blog.
Husband calls.
Read.
Rake the yard.
More tears.
Eat Talenti Roman Raspberry.
At last husband comes home.
Warm hug.
Relief.
He makes supper.
I bike.
Slowly, let the wind wash over my face, through my hair.
Think.
More tears.
The fog on the lake, it's lifting, dissipating.
Blue water.
Blue sky.
Black flies bite, go home.
Shower, at last.
Butterfly pancakes and hashbrowns for supper.
I smile.
He smiles back.
Clean up.
Bedtime for kiddos.
Beautiful evening.
More Talenti Roman Raspberry, but this time with him, outside.
More black flies.
Go inside.
He plays guitar.
I go downstairs and write.
No more tears.
Sun is setting.
Day is over.
Emily Grace is in heaven.
And I am one more day closer to seeing her again.
(((hugs))))
ReplyDeleteOne more day closer...yes, one more day closer to seeing our girls again. Can barely wait.
ReplyDeleteCome Lord Jesus, Come!
ReplyDeleteHugs to you.