Saturday, 26 May 2012

Reminisce

I (Renee) would like to remind you of Emily's birthday coming up. This date and the days around this day, are hard, good, healing, and emotional for us. Please be gracious with us as we continue to process our grief, to allow Jesus to heal us, and to share our daughter with you. We invite you to join in celebrating Emily, remembering her life, and giving thanks to our God that Emily is in the best place anyone could ever desire.


Starting on her birthday, June 2, I will be posting everyday for nine days in honor of Emily's life on earth. I will include pictures, some memories, perhaps a poem. 


You are welcome to join in with us during this time by lighting a candle, reading this blog, praying for us, and/or visiting her grave site. If you need directions to the exact location please leave a comment or email us.


When you remember with us, you bless our hearts more richly than you know. 


Thank you.

8 comments:

  1. most certianly will be remembering with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little Emily. I can't wait to meet her someday. Looking at her sweet baby pictures tonight makes me hurt and cry. I'm so grateful we can grieve with hope. I met you when Ryan got married, so I didn't know you or understand Emily's situation at the time. I was in shock when I found out she went to heaven so soon. I started following your blog when she was born and have come to love your family very much over these last 4 years. May God's grace and presence abound to you in the coming days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Andrea, you are so kind. I too have enjoyed getting to know you over the course of these last four years. Thanks for loving our little Emily. ~Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could visit her grave with you. I just started a memory garden for Eva. Very small but I'm thinking of putting the rock you sent us in it. I think I recall that Juneberries (saskatoons) are Emily's. We have loads of Juneberries on our land. We will pick some (in July though) in honour of Emily. I will be checking in and watching your blog as Emily's days draw near. Wish she was with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Em. Yes June berries (Saskatoons) are for Emily. We also started a garden for Emily. We planted a june berry tree last year and it's doing very well! I wish Emily was with us too, as I also wish little Eva was with you. ~Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just now noticed that you changed your family photo to one at Emilys grave. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You noticed! :) Emily is still in our family. I can't leave her out anymore. ~Renee

    ReplyDelete