Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Summer Strawberries

A few weeks ago we five (six with Bean Sprout) packed up and headed out to a Strawberry Farm. It was beautiful weather, 80 F and sunny. The heat wasn't too bad, it was 4:00 in the afternoon. We began our picking with gusto but with several breaks throughout the adventure.

Joshua picked nearly a whole ice cream pail himself! Rachel had about 5 strawberries in her bucket, and Madelynn was stuffed full!





We came home, and after the kids went to bed, Joel and I stayed up late freezing some berries and mashing others to make jam out of later.
A few days later I made several pints of rhubarb strawberry jam and regular strawberry jam. So yummy!



This next photo I'm just adding on for fun. Rachel is a great big sister and helps feed Madelynn:

Sometimes Rachel begs me to let her feed Madelynn!


2 comments:

  1. Yummy strawberries. I don't think we'll make it to pick any at farms this year, butwe did get quite a few in our garden though. The other day I bought a quart at the farmers' market and they were all gone by the time we got home(the kids ate them in the bike trailer). Cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the kids had tons of fun! I'm really hoping to plant a strawberry bed next spring. I'd love to grow them and have strawberries all winter! Yummy! Happy jam making, Renee! I pray you're feeling well with lots of energy!

    ReplyDelete