One Sunday morning before church, Madelynn laughed so hard I think she had tears on her face:
Madelynn is pulling herself up now! Yes, she's still crawling and she's getting better at it. She's faster, and is exploring rooms other than the living room. Namely, the kids' room. Up go the legos and the play jewelry. Forgot about the marbles though. Josh brought them out to play today. Madelynn found two (at different times) and Mommy found them in her mouth. Yikes! This pre-toddler phase is a little different than last time with Rachel. Older kid toys are harder to deal with!
I'm still figuring out "homeschooling" and our routine. If you happen to call us between 8:30ish-11isham and get the answering machine, that means we are "doing school". Just leave a message and we'll call you back whenever we can.
Thanks for the video - a good way to start my day over here. :) Very funny! Love you all!
ReplyDeleteThe video was so great I got tears in my eyes too!
ReplyDeleteThat's great!! Makes me feel better about having 3! :)
ReplyDeleteI am not looking forward to that interesting mix when baby is able to get to stuff and put stuff in his mouth and older siblings will have to be diligent about not having little stuff on the floor.
When Katie was about a year & a half (old enough to know better?), Emily & I were playing hungry hippo with marbles. I walked away to take something out of the oven, came back a few minutes later to discover some marbles missing. Had Katie spit them out; out came 2; had her spit again - 1 more came out; and one more spit and yep one more for a total of 4 marbles in her mouth! How she didn't end up swallowing them is beyond me. I still say a "thank you Jesus" every time I remember that!
That video is great for a few reasons. I first started laughing at the laundry basket trick, silly little kid! Then his comment about taking a movie/picture(?) of him just reminds me so much of Oliver! He says that quite often too. And then, of course, who couldn't melt or laugh with Madelynn. What a hoot!
ReplyDeleteOh yes, those little toys are quite the battle. If Madelynn is oral, things could get interesting. And it definitely is tough to train the big kids to keep things picked up...strange to think it wasn't a big deal with Joshua and Rachel...
That was SO much fun to watch!! Thanks for posting it! :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you enjoyed it!
ReplyDelete-Renee