A few weeks ago, Madelynn was eating solids after each feeding. She ate a lot too, several Tablespoons of cereal and veggies each time. She has not eaten any solids for at least a week now. It seems it was just a growth spurt. But since this is a "catch-up" post, here are some photos I wanted to share of Madelynn eating some baby cereal from a few weeks ago.
Just this last weekend Joel and I had a dear friend come to visit us. We met Beth in Turner Valley, Alberta during our SBS(School of Biblical Studies with YWAM (Youth With A Mission)). She was one of our teachers. Four years ago she joined OMF (Overseas Missionary Fellowship) and has been a missionary in Thailand serving the Shan people. (Please pray for the Shan, they are a people group that desperately need Jesus, yet only a small percentage of them know Jesus as Lord and Saviour). We had a blessed four days catching up with her. Beth even cooked us some real Shan food. It was delicious!
This last week I finished up Madelynn's Christmas stocking:
And decorated the house for the upcoming Christmas season:
My next project is to make this nativity scene (to replace the paper one we have- the wise men keep falling over!) out of yarn, cotton balls and pipe cleaners:
Beth gave me the idea and so I googled it and I found the instructions. I am quite excited about trying it.Have a great week as you prepare for the advent season!
Renee - people these days would call you domestic. I think you're doing a great job of mimicking the Proverbs 31 woman.
ReplyDeleteGreat post! Wow, Joshua's hair is getting so dark! It seems that each picture I see of him, he gets more and more like a little boy, which of course he is, but I think you know what I mean......
ReplyDeleteKelley
Hi Renee,
ReplyDeleteI gotta comment on your excellent choice of photo for your blog title. Nothing like the east range of the Rockies from the Porcupine Hills. Our favorite wood-cutting haunt! That picture just seems to fit the Psalm that exalts the name of our God.
Steve