Last night, there was excitement in Joel and Renee's house! We have been casually potty training, meaning Rachel still wears a diaper, is encouraged to go pee pee on the potty, and has a sticker reward chart. Last night, to Mama's incredible amazement, Rachel said "pee pee", pointed to her diaper area, and walked to her potty in the corner of the kitchen. She proceeded to pull down her pants, take off her diaper (with some help) and sit on the potty. Ten seconds later she stood up and said "All done!" Mama looked. And looked again. Mama gives a shrieky Whoo-hoo! and starts clapping! Rachel had gone pee pee in her potty, by herself!!
Of course the whole family starts clapping and hurrahing. It was a fun time. After the necessary actions that follow going potty, things calmed down.
Ten minutes later Rachel does the EXACT same thing. Yes, pee pee and all. Can you imagine Mama's reaction?
She sat down and shook her head. Unbelievable.
exciting!!! hope it continues well!
ReplyDeleteYEEAAHH Rachel!! And I can hear you all the way over here doing a happy dance and singing for joy! I think quite a bit of the trick of potty training is just them learning how to let the pee out...which is not something you can exactly teach them...so yeah for Rachel for learning! :)
ReplyDeleteWay to go Rachel! You are amazing! I too can hear Renee's Woo hoo!
ReplyDeleteI checked to see if you had a new entry and noticed something about this entry. I remember Joshua's potty sticker chart. I thought you put the stickers up because of how orderly they were on the paper...then I noticed Rachel's :o) How funny!
ReplyDelete