Sunday, 15 February 2009

Taxes according to Joshua

Daddy: What country do we live in Joshua?
Joshua: Hungary!
Daddy: Ha! No Josh, we live in the United States. Do you know what state we live in? (I know he knows this one)
Joshua: Soda pop!
Daddy: That's right, we live in Minne"soda"!
Daddy proceeds to give a brief explanation of why he has to do taxes.
Joshua: Then we give them money then they give us money then we give them money and we keep doing that.
Daddy: exactly. You're brilliant.

3 comments:

  1. He is brilliant. I think that's how I will explain it the next time my Liberian friend/coworker asks for a reason. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least he already has a handle on the American Government.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah! we just pass it back and forth, huh. only we pass more their way than they pass our way . . . unless we could all get ourselves written into that stimulus package . . .

    ReplyDelete