So we got home late last night, but Joel was able to to snag a few moments before bed to let you know if we were having a boy or a girl. According to the ultrasound it looks like we're having a girl! Of course ultrasounds have been known to be wrong, so we aren't naming the baby until the baby is born. The ultrasound also revealed no known abnormalities. So far this baby looks very healthy and normal. Hurrah!
The meeting with the Celiac Specialist also went well. The doc looked Rachel over and took note of her symptoms and how she is doing better. He seemed pleased with her progress and also seemed confident she did have Celiac Disease. Though the blood test isn't a 100% diagnosis, he suggested a biopsy which Joel and I turned down. For now she is doing well, and we are pretty confident she has Celiac.
The rest of the day was busy busy, with a meeting with a pastor in Duluth (possible mission outreach opportunity for our church), shopping, eating and of course a refreshing car wash. I love car washes. This one had rainbow colored soap!!! I've never seen that one before, maybe it's because we splurged this time and got "the Works". Anyway the roads were fine, just wet, no ice. And a HUGE THANK YOU to Brook and John who babysat Joshua for 13.5 hours!!!
So that is all at the moment. Thank you so much for praying for this new little one. I am excited to have another baby, though I do have feelings of being overwhelmed, and wonder if it's too soon after Emily. I'm trying to find a name that means 'healing', 'restoration', or something of the like.
Hey congrats! Another sweet Pike! How great! I wish I could give you a hug right now. Glad she is healthy and that Rachel is doing better. Oh I just need to call you.
ReplyDeleteWell, Nehemiah means Yahweh's comfort, but that is pretty much a boy's name, or Raphael (God heals), another boy's name, or Nathaniel (gift of God), another boy's name. Hard to come up with a good Hebrew girl's name off the top of my head and my Greek isn't functioning right now for some reason.
ReplyDeleteDad S
HUzza! Another girl! and how thankful we are she's appearing to be a healthy grapenut.
ReplyDeleteColorful carwashes are so awesome!
Rafya is a girl's name in Hebrew for "The healing of Jehovah" (feminine form of Raphael)
ReplyDeleteThen there is Althea (Greek) Wholesome, Pure;
Abigail is Hebrew for "Gives Joy"
Moriel is 'God Teaches'
Zymirah is 'Song of Praise'
You'll be sorry you asked me!
Dad P.
it's not too soon, Renee - God gave you Emily and God gave you this little one . . . His timing is perfect.
ReplyDelete